Are You Lonesome Tonight是Elvis Presley(网民习惯称之为“猫王”)的美国经典爵士风格乡村音乐作品。埃尔维斯·普雷斯利,(Elvis Aron Presley,1935.1.8-1977.8.16)美国摇滚乐史上影响力最大的歌手,有摇滚乐之王的誉称。
20世纪50年代,猫王的音乐开始风靡世界。他的音乐超越了种族以及文化的疆界,将乡村音乐、布鲁斯音乐以及山地摇滚乐融会贯通,形成了具有鲜明个性的独特曲风,强烈的震撼了当时的流行乐坛,并让摇滚乐开始如同旋风一般横扫了世界乐坛。
Are you lonesome tonight, 今夜 你是否孤单
Do you miss me tonight? 是否把我想念?
Are you sorry we drifted apart? 今夜 你是否悔憾?
Does your memory stray 记忆的小径 是否分叉 通往
To a brighter sunny day 我将你亲吻
When I kissed you 叫你爱人
And called you sweetheart? 阳光灿烂的过往?
Do the chairs in your parlor 客厅的座椅是否
Seem empty and bare? 空空如也?
Do you gaze at your doorstep 你是否望向门阶
And picture me there? 幻想我出现?
Is your heart filled with pain 你的心是否被痛苦占满
Shall I come back again? 是否要我回到你身边?
Tell me dear 亲爱的 别羞于启齿
Are you lonesome tonight? 今夜 你是否孤单?
Monologue:独白:
(I wonder if you're lonesome tonight 今夜 你是否孤单
You know someone said that the world's a stage 有人说人生如戏
And each must play a part. 谁都在扮演
Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart. 爱你是命运的安排
Act one was when we met 第一幕
I loved you at first glance 我与你一见钟情
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue 你的爱曾如此强烈
Then came act two 第二幕
You seemed to change and you acted strange 你的心却渐渐走远
And why I'll never know. 缘由 我无从知晓
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me 亲爱的 爱我 是你的谎言
And I had no cause to doubt you. 而我怎能对你怀疑
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies 谎言 我宁愿听信
Than go on living without you. 也不愿此生独行
Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there 如今已人去楼空
With emptiness all around 我茕然孑立
And if you won't come back to me 将幕布垂下吧
Then make them bring the curtain down. 如果你再也不会回来)
Is your heart filled with pain 你的心是否被痛苦占满
Shall I come back again? 是否要我回到你身边?
Tell me dear 亲爱的 别羞于启齿
Are you lonesome tonight? 今夜 你是否孤单?
Tags: